Cook, Eat Laugh! That is exactly what happens each time a group of adventurous foodies – women and men – come to Pontelandolfo and hang out in local kitchens and learn the dishes that nonnas have been sharing for generations. Pontelandolfo – to me – is an example of the best that Italy has to offer. No backpack swinging tourists. No overpriced cappuccinos. Simply incredible mountain views, fresh foods cooked seasonally, a population that embraces life with joy and a welcoming attitude that surrounds all newcomers.
Just a scant two years ago, Cooking in the Kitchens of Pontelandolfo was an idea floating around a kitchen table. How could we bring some tourism money to Southern Italy and not promote the town into another jammed packed tourist site. The “ah- ha” moment came when a visitor said to me, I would love to just spend a week here living like the Pontelandolfese. Bingo! Together with a group of homemakers an incredible opportunity, for folks who love to cook and travel off the beaten tourist track, was born. Visitors have been Cooking, Eating and Laughing ever since we produced the first event in May 2016.
Our First Group Visited Our Historic Tower
Now it is your turn! Cook, Eat, Laugh! Become part of a small Southern Italian village’s life. See a different part of Italy and taste dishes that go back generations.
Cooking in the Kitchens of Pontelandolfo
May 19 -26 or September 8 – 15 2018
Limited to 8 people!
The Experience Features –
- Transportation from the Benevento Train Station
- 7 nights at B&B Il Castello
- Welcoming apertivo and snacks.
- Pranzo (lunch) at an agriturismo. A great example of Italian Farm-to-Table eating.
- 4 half-day cooking classes with local cooks. After preparing the dishes for pranzo or cena you will sit down and eat with the family. Here is an example from September 2018 – some of you may have seen this!
- English Speaking Translator for all classes and events.
- Wine and artesian food tasting at a local vintner
- Pontelandolfo Day – open air market, tasting of locally produced products and other activities.
- Excursion to Sepino Altilia Roman Ruins
- Walking Tour of Historical Pontelandolfo
- Visits to another village’s cultural site or a cultural activity – to be determined.
- Last night “arriverderci” with all the local cooks.
- Written recipes in English.
Regretfully, there are no special dietary considerations. This medieval village has charming cobblestone streets but it is not handicapped accessible. The adventure and experience in the home of local families requires the ability to climb stairs, walk on uneven streets and feel comfortable in a hilly environment.
To see more photos of Cooking in the Kitchens of Pontelandolfo, visit our Facebook Page.
Cook, Eat and Laugh with us!
Registration materials and financial information will be sent via e-mail to those that want to join the adventure. firstname.lastname@example.org
Ci vediamo a Pontelandolfo!